Truth be told, there is not an objective committee that rates who is the best dentist in Wilmington, so there really isn’t any way to truly say someone is Wilmington’s best dentist. While we can’t make that claim, his collegues have more than once nominated him as one of Wilmington’s Best Dentists. His patient testimonials also tell you a little about how his patients feel about his work.
How Dr. Burgess tries to be Wilmington’s best dentist
Dr. Burgess works very hard on his continuing education. North Carolina requires that dentists do 13 hours of continuing education. Dr. Burgess does 75-80 hours. He has completed every course available at both Dawson’s Academy and the Kois Center, highly respected institutions of post-graduate dental training. When you come to Dr. Burgess’s office, you can know that you are getting the best treatment possible.
Striving for excellence is important to Dr. Burgess. In order to facilitate both depth and breadth of dental study, he has invested the time in many professional outlets.
- American Dental Association, Member 1985-present, Delegate, Committee on the Young Professinal 1986-89
- North Carolina Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Member 2009-present
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Member 2009- present
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Wilmington Tri-County Dental Society
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Wilmington Implant Study Club, Charter Member 1996-present
- Port City Study Club (Seattle Study Club Affiliate), Wilmington, N.C., Charter Member 2008-present
- Tileston Outreach Dental Clinic, Wilmington, N.C., Member, Board of Directors 1995-2004, Volunteer Dentist 1995-present
- St. Mary’s Dental and Medical Clinic, Wilmington, N.C., Member, Board of Directors 2009-present, Volunteer Dentist 2009-present